Welcome to Huncoat Garden Village
Welcome to the Huncoat Garden Village website. We are in the early stages of an exciting journey to bring high quality homes, local employment, community services and amenities to Huncoat and the wider area.
Huncoat Garden Village presents a unique opportunity to build upon what is important about village life in Huncoat and to provide:
- a range of new homes which provide more choice and extend the housing offer both locally and within Hyndburn
- new employment opportunities through flexible working space and a community hub
- community facilities and opportunities for both existing and new residents of Huncoat
- a network of open space and green corridors to provide opportunities for walking, cycling and outdoor activity
- excellent transport connections, including road and rail
This website will help you find out more about Huncoat Garden Village – what has happened so far (including a summary of feedback from the 2018 consultation), what a Garden Village is all about, more information about the development of the Masterplan, and most importantly how you can get involved.
The Masterplan will develop a Vision, a plan setting out where different land-uses should be located and a high level delivery plan for Huncoat Garden Village. The Masterplan is being developed by Hyndburn Borough Council supported by Arcadis and Avison Young.
A second round of public consultation is being held between Thursday 21 March and Wednesday 3 April 2019. During this period information will be available to view and comment on here. The same information will be displayed at two public exhibitions:
Tuesday March 26 3.30pm – 8pm Huncoat Primary School, Lynwood Road, Huncoat BB5 6LR
Saturday March 30 10.00am – 4pm St Augustine’s Church, Bolton Avenue, Huncoat BB5 6HN
Members of the Masterplan project team will be available to talk to you about the proposals.
Public Consultations in March 2019
11 March 2019
The second round of public consultation on Masterplan proposals for Huncoat Garden Village is now live. Please click here to view proposals and to access the questionnaire feedback form for responses. Deadline for receipt of questionnaires is 3 April 2019